Rainforestation Kuranda is an award-winning nature park located in Kuranda, ‘the village in the rainforest’.
Set on 100 acres amid the World Heritage rainforest. The park opened in 1976 and is consequently now operated by the second generation of the Woodward family.
This all-weather attraction is home to the renowned Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience, the Koala & Wildlife Park and famous amphibious WWII Army Duck rainforest tours!
ARMY DUCK RAINFOREST TOURS
Explore the beautiful rainforest of Kuranda on an authentic World War II Army Duck! These six-wheel-drive trucks were used extensively by the military throughout World War 2. Their primary use was for transporting goods and troops. So as amphibious vehicles, they were able to transport between ships and beaches.
You will learn about the local flora and fauna of the rainforest with one of the experienced guides. You will splash into the lake and experience this amphibious vehicle as it becomes a boat!
After that, you can visit the tropical fruit orchard, which features over 60 different species of tropical and exotic fruits.
PAMAGIRRI ABORIGINAL EXPERIENCE
The Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience offers an authentic insight into the world’s oldest surviving culture. Therefore, Rainforestation Kuranda ensures the preserving and sharing of this unique culture. For instance, you will learn things in the local Djabugay culture; for example, Pamagirri means ‘silent snake’.
First, see the traditional dance performance in the rainforest amphitheatre. After that, the spear-throwing presentation. Then be mesmerised by the sound of the didgeridoo. You can also test your boomerang throwing skills!
KOALA & WILDLIFE PARK
Meet the animals! Walk along elevated boardwalks to view some of the iconic Australian animals, such as Koalas, Dingoes, Tasmanian Devils, and estuarine Crocodile!
Additionally, you can see the Cassowary and Tree Kangaroo that are endangered and endemic to Tropical North Queensland.
After that, you can even get up close and personal and hand-feed the wallabies and kangaroos.
Army Duck Tours
10.00am 11.00am 12.00pm 1.00pm 2.00pm
Pamagirri Dreamtime Walk
Pamagirri Dance Show
- Rainforest Army Duck Tour
- Pamagirri Dreamtime Walk and Pamagirri Dance Show
- Koala and Wildlife Park
- Koala Photos
- Army Duck tour photos
- Souvenirs & gifts
- Shuttle bus
In addition, there is a Shuttle Bus that operates between Kuranda Village and Rainforestation
SHUTTLE BUS TIMETABLE
- 10.45am Australian Butterfly Sanctuary- Rainforestation
- 11.45am Australian Butterfly Sanctuary- Rainforestation
- 12.00noon Rainforestation- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- 12.15pm Australian Butterfly Sanctuary- Rainforestation
- 12.45pm Rainforestation- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- 1.30pm Rainforestation- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- 1.45pm Australian Butterfly Sanctuary- Rainforestation
- 2.00pm Rainforestation- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
What to bring
- Hat & sunscreen in addition to sturdy footwear
- Camera importantly
- Water bottle (water bubblers are available in the restaurants)
- Cash/credit cards for any purchases