Things to do in Cairns
10 Great things to do in Cairns
Discover the city with our list of the very best things to do and things to see in Cairns, for visitors and locals alike. From Australia’s Great Barrier Reef to the oldest Rainforest in the World and so much in between, this is your ultimate Cairns checklist
As Cairns welcomes Autumn, there is a whole host of new things to do in the city, A leisurely stroll through Martin Munro Park to see the latest blooms the Strongylodon macrobotrys or as we like to call it the jade vine and exploring Cairns on foot to training for the Cairns Marathon. Or prepping for Easter and the welcome break of a few days’ rest.
Whatever the season, we are totally spoilt for things to do in Cairns.
From World Heritage Locations Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest to some of the less know natural attractions in and around Cairns.
- You really should never pass up the chance to swim with the fish on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and Cairns of course is the best place to do that. Click here for the day tours and here for the overnight stays !
- The Chance to take in the energy of the oldest tropical rainforest the Daintree Rainforest
- Rusty’s Markets Friday to Saturday is a must for any foodies or anyone chasing a bargain.
- Atherton Tablelands is a fertile plateau about 1 hour west of Cairns the saying that the land is so rich that If you plant a nail you can grow a crowbar is very true of this region.
- Kuranda the village in the rainforest is a great place to visit if you would like to see some of our cute and cuddly Australian animals – who doesn’t want to cuddle a koala and get a photo to remember it forever ?
- Tropical Islands for a day tour or to relax and stay are both great options
- Fitness Gurus ! we have some amazing walking tracks so if you want keep fit in Cairns here is a great place to start.
- White water rafting through amazing rainforest in water that is warm is a lot of fun and not to be missed.
- For the early morning risers a spectacular flight over the Atherton Tablelands in a hot air balloon is a wonderful way to start any day !
- Fishing ! we have the best eating fish in the World ! and if you love fishing this is a great place to fish !