Discover the world’s oldest living culture. Dating back 40,000 years! Therefore, The Australian Indigenous Experience is one of the most authentic Aboriginal tours available in Australia.
You will gain a deeper understanding of Australia’s Aboriginal history. A popular Cairns tourist attraction by day or by night.
Over the last few decades, The Australian Indigenous Experience has shared their culture with more than 3 million people.
They provide excellent employment opportunities for the Djabugay (Tjapukai) people. In addition to giving the performers great pride in demonstrating their culture.
From the beginning, their mission has been to give visitors the connection to authentic Aboriginal culture. Moreover, interacting with Traditional Owners. This now includes authentic Torres Strait Islander culture.
Experience by day
Firstly, you will take a 2.5-hour tour with a traditional Australian Indigenous Experience guide. Immerse yourself in this ancient culture. You will enjoy activities from an Aboriginal dance show in addition to a boomerang and spear throwing lesson.
Learn about traditional bush foods and medicines. As well as weapon making and hunting. Enjoy a digeridoo show. Meanwhile, a tropical buffet lunch is available as an optional extra.
Experience by night
Be a part of this award-winning experience. The Indigenous people of the rainforest will welcome you to their land. You will experience a sacred corroboree. Listen to Dreamtime stories dating back thousands of years.
You will take part in lighting the ceremonial fire. Be amazed at the incredible fireball shooting up into the night sky. Top it off with a delicious buffet dinner. Featuring local Indigenous flavours and spices.
Learn how to light a fire without a matchstick. Listen to the haunting sounds of the didgeridoo.
In conclusion, relax by the fire with the Australian Indigenous Experience warriors. The perfect end to a fabulous night full of cultural entertainment.
To view another excellent cultural experience, click HERE.
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter all or part of a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavor to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 14 years of age
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
Australian Indigenous Experience Tours
Australian Indigenous Experience By Day
See the world’s oldest living culture brought to life through traditional dance, art, and interactive demonstrations. Throw a boomerang and spear, learn about bush food and medicine, didgeridoo playing and more.
Meet the Bama Indigenous rainforest people, at a corroboree celebrating Aboriginal Dreamtime stories. Enjoy a tropical buffet dinner featuring tantalizing Indigenous flavors, followed by the Tjapuaki dance show.