Experience something incredible. The Aquarium in Cairns is a great way to sample 2 world heritage listed areas at once! The Great Barrier Reef as well as the Wet Tropics of Far North Queensland. You will love the only Aquarium in the world dedicated to the species and habitats of this amazing region.
You can wander through the many different habitats at your own speed. At the Aquarium in Cairns, we certainly love to share our knowledge. Enjoy the fun and informative presentations we offer throughout the day.
For a small extra cost, you can experience the exciting virtual submarine! A journey into the mysterious depths of an underwater world. To make the day even more special, why not book the Aquarium in Cairns VIP Behind The Scenes tour?
Meanwhile, discover over 16,000 creatures from the reef and rainforest. Immerse yourself in the 5 unique habitats which are on display.
After this great introduction at the Aquarium in Cairns, head out to the Great Barrier Reef to see it all up close and personal! Click HERE for more information.
Home to Freshwater Sawfish, the iconic Barramundi, and Whiptail Ray.
A rainforest inside an Aquarium?! Spot tropical snakes, Emerald tree Monitors, and Frogs.
Learn about the fascinating biodiversity of the mangrove habitat. Keep an eye out for baby crocodiles while walking along the boardwalk!
Great Barrier Reef
Take in the sheer expanse and beauty of Australia’s only 10-metre deep reef tank!
Then discover the 20 metre Underwater Viewing Tunnel. Featuring a 360° view Oceanarium.
12:00 Shark and Ray Feeding presentation. Held in the Ocean Room.
13:00 River Monsters presentation. Held in the River Monsters Amphitheater.
14:00 Denizens Of The Deep presentation. Held in the Deep Reef Amphitheater.
ALL DAY Marine Touch Tank, Level 1.
Aquarium by Twilight
15:45 Arrive at Cairns Aquarium – time to choose your drink, main and dessert
16:00 Ecologist guided twilight tour
17:30 Drink and canapes served in the Oceanarium
18:00 – 19:30 dinner and dessert at Dundee’s Restaurant
Upgrade and enjoy a delicious 2-course lunch (main meal with a choice of a soft drink OR dessert) at the famous Dundees Restaurant. (NOT available Monday or Tuesday)
Coffee, morning and afternoon tea all available at Dundees Restaurant (NOT available Monday or Tuesday)
How to get there
The Cairns Aquarium is located right in Cairns’ centre on the corner of Abbott Street and Florence Streets. Opposite the Cairns Tour Booking Centre.
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
For All bookings during COVID-19.
If your booking is affected for any reasons during COVID, we will allow you to change your travel date.
If you are unsure when you will travel, your booking will be open dated with NO expiration date.
Cancellation fees are as follows
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more before departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days before departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days before departures
Schedules subject to change without notice
Scuba Diving Insurance
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy that includes trip cancellation insurance and Evacuation & Medical cover for scuba diving.
Please be aware that not all Travel Insurance companies cover scuba diving and in-water activities. Please read the wording of your policy carefully.
Any evacuation, vessel relocation, or medical expenses are the diver's financial responsibility in a Medical Emergency. We strongly recommend the purchase of dive insurance.
Cancellation / Rescheduling Policy
We reserve the right to change vessel, dive locations, and prices without notice.
Please note we must receive at least 48 hours' notice from you when choosing to cancel or reschedule a reservation. Cancellation refunds are not given within 48 hours' notice. This includes factors beyond your control, including medical problems, airline delays, bad weather, etc.
Please refer to the Trade Practices Act 1974. Travel Insurance is highly recommended.
Please contact our office if you require any further information.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• Children’s prices are from 3 – 14 years of age
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
Aquarium in Cairns Tours
Experience something incredible. Cairns Aquarium is a great way to sample 2 world heritage listed areas at once! The Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics of Far North Queensland.