Escape the world for the day by visiting the enchanting & exotic Lizard Island
Your day at Lizard Island starts with a low level scenic flight from Cairns heading north to Lizard Island.
For the past 30 years Lizard Island has been attracting the World’s top Marine Biologists and has become home to one of the most important reef research stations in the world.
Lizard island is a granite island about 10 square kilometres in size, with 3 smaller islands nearby.
Together these islands form the Lizard Island Group and their well-developed fringing reef teeming with marine life encircles the 10 metre deep blue lagoon.
It retains a certain mystique due to it’s remote location.
When you arrive at Lizard Island the day is yours to do as you wish. You can choose to relax alone on a secluded beach.
Enjoy the company of a small group on a guided tour. Snorkel the world famous Clam Garden or take a walk to the “Blue Lagoon”.The choice is yours!
- Return scenic flights to Lizard Island via Great Barrier Reef & World Heritage Rainforest
- Hotel transfers
- Local guide National and Marine Park permits & insurance
- Lunch Snacks
- Snorkel gear & safety gear
- 0700 – Hotel bus transfers from your Cairns City Accommodation
- 0800 – Depart Cairns
- 0900 – Arrive at Lizard Island
- 1000 – Morning Tea
- 1030 – 1200 – Free time
- 1200 – Lunch
- 1230 – 1400 – Free time
- 1400 – Afternoon Tea
- 1430 – 1545 – Free time
- 1600 – Depart Lizard Island
- 1700 – Arrive back to Cairns
- 1730 – Transfer bus back to your Cairns City accommodation
What to bring
- Sun protection
- Bottle of water &
- a dry change of clothes
(Departs: 07:00 approx / Returns: 17:00 approx)